You can call me Chris. I am a wife, mother to two teenage boys, and family photographer living in Aiken, South Carolina. I have a unrelenting desire to photograph people and I especially love children (and puppies!). Photography is a difficult career (nights, weekends, and self employment) and I have tried to do other things. No matter what I try, I always come back to portrait photography. It is the only thing that really makes my heart happy. You are stuck with me 😉
I do have a few other interests:
- I love animals. I just sent a puppy that my family raised off to “college.” We were volunteer puppy raisers for Canine Companions for Independence. Our puppy, Hartford, is in advanced training and will hopefully graduate in February as a service dog.
- I start a vegetable garden every spring, only to surrender it to a bug or fungus attack. This year the deer kept eating my pepper plants!
- I love to cook and bake. Pinterest has become my best friend for finding new recipes.
- I have dreams of having my house perfectly decorated one day, when life slows down a bit!
Clients often remark that I have a very calm and patient nature.
- During my lifestyle sessions I go into clients’ homes and lead them through the activities that they love to do and capture their expressions of love and joy.
- I also provide location sessions, meeting families at the places that have a special connection to.
- Clients who are looking for large pieces of art for their walls (what is better than art of your family?) come to my studio where I capture their personality without the distractions of a background.